The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Deep dark confession thread (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=684)

Ginga 03-15-2005 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoMatrix
I wonder how the Borg would handle the Dark Side

Perhaps...

"Death Stars are futile. They will be assimilated."

NeoMatrix 03-15-2005 06:05 AM

*Sees images of Borg with light sabres*

admiral sab 03-15-2005 04:49 PM

All right here's another confession for you: I love Lucky Charms. It's my favorite cereal. ;)

I have never seen an episode of Farscape, Stargate (SG1 or Atl), BSG, Babylon 5, or Dune. Dr. Who? ;) I think I might want to see Farscape though because I'm told it's good. So when folks reference it, I have NO clue what they are talking about.

I used to be scared of the X Files.

I really want to go to Vegas just so I can see the Trek Experience and know if it's cool or not for myself.

I hate Kirk. Wait I think I've already said that. Oh well I do.

Ginga 03-16-2005 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admiral sab
I used to be scared of the X Files.

Oh, I'm with you there. Actually, it wasn't so much that I was scared of them... since I watched it religiously (I was only in 2nd grade or so, holy cow.), but it did give me nightmares.

Here, I got an X-Files confession for you:

I wondered for many many years why Mulder and Scully rarely smiled. It made me sad. :P

Hotaru 03-16-2005 05:21 AM

I was scared of the X-Files too! Then I started watching it, it's not so scary.

Opium 03-16-2005 08:24 AM

I was about 10 or 11 when I saw my first X-Files. By 12, though, I thought it was nifty.

I use the word nifty.

I'm not that huge a sci-fi fan outside of DS9, X-Files, Outer Limits, TNG, and Buffy...and of course, Harry Potter. And Matrix. But as for hard-core ones...I'm not into it, although I have nothing against them. I just like more plot/relationship-based shows.

I am starting to like Abby/New Guy.

I watched DAYS today, and still found it fun...AND had to admit the plot had moved on a bit from the last time I watched!

I'm not sure whether I have a friend crush or a romantic crush on this guy I know.

admiral sab 03-16-2005 01:42 PM

I haven't watched Days in awhile, but I did decide to watch yesterday because I wanted to see Sami as a guy (it's really a guy who's playing the part while the actress who plays Sami is on maternity leave). He did a great job playing Sami as a guy. Hmmm I was impressed. He even did her eyebrow lift. ;)

ok back to confessions: I am also not a big sci fi person. I like Trek and the X Files. But that's about it. I'm more into the relationship/plot stuff too.

MaverickZer0 03-17-2005 12:28 AM

Um, anything else from me? I guess...

I have about ten different colored scarves, two of which are different shades of yellow.

I have a helmet. Very few people will understand the last two.

Fire Emblem currently owns my soul.

I do not actually remember my original hair color. I said I did once in the chat, but I was kind of lying.

Ginga 03-17-2005 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaverickZer0

Maaaaaaarth! XD

Katy Jane 03-18-2005 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuyu Ginga
The Gateways Voyager conclusion sucked so bad, I feel like writing my OWN conclusion.

I payed 7 dollars for a book which had about 20 pages on Voyager! DX

I sat and read that at borders, afterwards i was very glad i didn't bother actually buying it. :twisted:

I have never and likely will never watch Buffy or Angel

I convinced my brother to go to Nemesis in theaters with me by telling him that Janeway was going to be in it.

at the age of 18 i had never watched anything science fiction aside from 2 or 3 voyager episodes.

I rather like the SW prequels (though they aren’t as good as the originals)
as the originals)

Xeroc 03-19-2005 05:28 AM

I was out of town on a buisness trip this last week.

Oh, well, I guess it wasn't that deep and dark. ;) :D

Ginga 03-19-2005 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katy Jane
I convinced my brother to go to Nemesis in theaters with me by telling him that Janeway was going to be in it.

Your brother is awesome!

MaverickZer0 03-19-2005 07:36 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Maaaaaaarth! XD

What? Oh no, I meant Fire Emblem V. The closest I get to Marth and Roy is Roy's father Eliwood.

....Plus there's fire mage-ness. Of DOOM.

Ginga 03-19-2005 07:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Maaaaaaarth! XD

What? Oh no, I meant Fire Emblem V. The closest I get to Marth and Roy is Roy's father Eliwood.

....Plus there's fire mage-ness. Of DOOM.

Ack. I don't know that one at all.

Katy Jane 03-19-2005 05:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katy Jane

Your brother is awesome!

sometimes ;)

Brother: I will NOT sit throught a startrek movie in the theater.
Me: Janeway's going to be in it.
Brother: Ok!

Ofcourse i didn't bother to mention that is was just a quick cameo. he looked over me after the scean and wispered "Thats it?!" :p

Alexia 03-19-2005 06:32 PM

*feels the need to deeply and darkly confess*

I like Stargate and Atlantis a whole lot more than Enterprise, and although I was a little sad it got cancelled, I got over it pretty quick :wink:

The only character on ENT I really like is Porthos. I like all of them, but he is the best one :D

I've never seen a full TOS epidode.

I liked Threshold when it aired...and still do, depite obvious plot, um, issues :wink: *facepalms*

NeoMatrix 03-20-2005 05:20 AM

I think we need to take a poll to see who likes the Threshold episode. To be honest, I liked it, and still do. Good make up job

Alexia 03-20-2005 11:23 AM

Heee *votes yes*

Back to deep darks...a large amount of the time I would rather make icons than see real people :shock: :lol:

Vedra 03-20-2005 07:35 PM

Hmm...confessions, eh?

At first, I only watched Voyager so I could look at Tom. For some reason, I just thought he was so damn sexy. I also used to think he was dating Harry and that one day Janeway was going to call him a rice queen and it would be the funniest moment in Trek ever....but alas, my dream was never realized.

I enjoyed most of the Star Trek books I've read. Battle Lines was a particularly good Voyager one.

Um....what else...

Ooh, I used to wish Picard and Riker could change places, I always thought he'd make a better captain. And did anyone else notice that there's like....NOBODY attractive on TNG? I mean, I guess Deanna wasn't that bad...and Riker....but in general, even with costars, all the men and even the women are all really sort of blah.

I used to build ST ship models....but not to mount and show off, I would play with them....

I actually haven't watched Voyager or any Star Trek since Voyager ended, except for an episode of TNG on Spike TV once in a while.

I've been pissed at Star Trek and Paramount because of the completely UNREASONABLE price of the Star Trek dvd sets. 100 bucks, I might pay that for a set of an entire SERIES, but certainly not one season.

Alexia 03-20-2005 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarn-Vedra
And did anyone else notice that there's like....NOBODY attractive on TNG? I mean, I guess Deanna wasn't that bad...and Riker....but in general, even with costars, all the men and even the women are all really sort of blah.

Oh really?!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...4747/gates.jpg

Rests case.

Gates is tres pretty, and certainly has gorgeous eyes. Although, I was very put off by the fact that she supposedly spawned Wesley...and she was a little too thin */picky*