The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   April 3 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1034)

MaverickZer0 04-05-2006 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinite Improbability
Okay, you've had your fun.

Are you suggesting that this is some sort of joke?

I certainly hope so. Otherwise people like Xeroc are going to have to change things on their sites...plus the fact that the livejournal still says 5MV.

(Actually, I'm neutral. I want to see how far this goes.)

richardson 04-05-2006 01:10 AM

Who is with me to find the mythic plug, to stop this evil invasion! *Gets a hand-raise from Kirk, who he sends to illogic Zeke out of this madness.* :lol: :wink:

Nate the Great 04-05-2006 01:12 AM

Zeke, if you just chucked five years work down the drain with absolutely no way for us to rent the scuba gear necessary to find it again, you are even more evil than Zuke.

Nate the Great 04-05-2006 01:12 AM

Zeke, if you just chucked five years work down the drain with absolutely no way for us to rent the scuba gear necessary to find it again, you are even more evil than Zuke.

Burt 04-05-2006 01:15 AM

I still maintain this is a big old funny joke, that took way, way too long to produce, so everyone (and I mean everyone) will see it and laugh (Cry, etc) before it's taken down.
I meant, I hope, sirs.
I like Battlestar As much as the next guy (Probably more) but I am a Trek boy. It's like insulin to me. If I don't get several hits a day, I'm finished!
I do like the BS ship, though. Anything city-sized in space gets a tick in my book.

richardson 04-05-2006 01:15 AM

Chilling thought:

What if this is the evil LORD ZUKE in disguise, at long last beginning his new campeign of conquest?

*Shudders.* I'm evil, but not this evil... *Watches BSG once or twice to keep people away from him, while trying to decide what next to defend himself with... Kahns, or Kirk clones set for 'computer kill'.*

Sa'ar Chasm 04-05-2006 01:19 AM

Quote:

The only way to prevent it is to stop the subsite heads fraternising with the old content...
Or else you'll be driven out, with a rag-tag group of followers - forced to produce a fiver every 33 minutes or be exterminated by the forces of that which you once shunned...
If I actually watched the show, I could probably come up something witty here.

As it is, I'll just wait a few more centons for the Official Five Minute Memo regarding the changeover, and then take the last functional subsite and an odds-and-sods assortment of fivers and go in search of the original site from which all the others sprang...

...which I will find in a followup series, coded in BASIC and featuring ANSI graphics.

Oh, and you'll take my White Star when you pry it from my cold, undead hands.

Zeke 04-05-2006 01:24 AM

Quote:

Scuba gear? Like what, this? No way. You will have nothing!

richardson 04-05-2006 01:35 AM

*Bows again.* If only ze- wait, the hero of trek has returned!!!

*Drags over 5MV, and protects it on his own site, with massive legions of trek-warriors to prevent it's recapture by the obviously temporarily deranged zeke.* For middle earth!

Wait, that's not right...

For the Voyager!

There we go. Yodck, cover me! *Grabs the One Site!*

mark726 04-05-2006 02:02 AM

I still find it disturbingly coincidental that my roommate got hooked on BSG (and I mean hooked) the same day that this, ahem, 'joke'. Came out. I'm thinking we may be dealing with a wide-ranging conspiracy here to wipe out ALL known sci-fi but BSG. Zeke and my roommate may be only the vanguard. Be on your guard!

Nate the Great 04-05-2006 03:12 AM

Nice bit of scuba gear. Just hope I don't get the bends swimming up again.

Lostoyannaya 04-05-2006 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
Quote:

Scuba gear? Like what, this? No way. You will have nothing!

It's a miracle! A miracle, I tell ya!

...Does this mean the Fivers will still be late? Ahh, sweet nostalgia.

~~Lostoyannaya

PS. To evay - I liked the evil mirror makeover for TripHammered you did this week^^. Very...evil. :wink:

evay 04-05-2006 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostoyannaya
PS. To evay - I liked the evil mirror makeover for TripHammered you did this week^^. Very...evil. :wink:

Thank you! :) I was also thinking about changing TripHammered over to StarF*cked (or StarFraked, I suppose) or Apolleaxed or BattleDamaged, but the sheer amount of abuse everyone on the show has taken in two seasons and a mini would fill up three websites.

Lostoyannaya 04-05-2006 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evay
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostoyannaya

Thank you! :) I was also thinking about changing TripHammered over to StarF*cked (or StarFraked, I suppose) or Apolleaxed or BattleDamaged, but the sheer amount of abuse everyone on the show has taken in two seasons and a mini would fill up three websites.

And besides, you have a quote for TripHammered, do you not? ^^. Yes, the abuse everyone took was awful...from the scripts to physical damage. You should do a damage quota of who's got it worse; Trip, Malcolm or Archer would be my bet :!:

~~Lostoyannaya :wink:

admiral sab 04-05-2006 02:13 PM

so is BSG like Trek? Cause I'm confused. I've never seen the show Battlestar Galactica and I have no clue what it's about. I know it's sci fi though. And who's Ron Moore? lol j/k. I think he wrote for Trek at one time, right?

Lostoyannaya 04-05-2006 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admiral sab
so is BSG like Trek? Cause I'm confused. I've never seen the show Battlestar Galactica and I have no clue what it's about. I know it's sci fi though. And who's Ron Moore? lol j/k. I think he wrote for Trek at one time, right?

Battlestar Galactica's original form was a movie released in 1978 about a series of flagships that contained the last in a dying planet's race; their mission was to locate a planet to populate. However, the Cyclons wished for this race (I think they are humans in the film, I can't remember) to be completely destroyed and in the aftermath of a massive attack, the Galactica is the only battlestar left.

The film was almost immediately followed by a television series that continued the storyline, and after the show was cancelled a new one ran in 1980. It was then re-vamped in 2003 as a new television show, amongst the contraversy that Starbuck had somehow gotten himself a sex change.

Although the original film was awesome....BRING BACK FMV PROPERLY!

~~Lostoyannaya :wink:

Nate the Great 04-05-2006 03:28 PM

Hear hear! :D

Sa'ar Chasm 04-05-2006 04:16 PM

Quote:

The film was almost immediately followed by a television series that continued the storyline, and after the show was cancelled a new one ran in 1980.
The march of technology has not been kind to the series. When the Space network here in Canada ran it, they advertised it with the tagline "Who thought the future would look so much like the 70s?" It had none of the gritty drama that the new series features, but was overflowing with the campy cheese that infested so many television productions in the 70s.

Before Marc fived The Gun On Ice Planet Zero (that title alone should give you some idea what the series was like), I used to refer to Five Minute Battlestar Galactica as the last-ditch scraping-the-bottom-of-the-barrel never-ever-gonna-be-fived-as-long-as-there's-something-else...I've forgotten what I was talking about.

Anyway, I think that something like Earth: Above and Beyond is going to now be the mythical Last Fiver.

MaverickZer0 04-05-2006 07:22 PM

No, I think the last one will be Howard the Duck, probably because it makes everyone's eyes burn.

Nate the Great 04-05-2006 08:50 PM

Oh, please don't tell me that the fivers will ever end! Maybe if you insist that only sci-fi and similar things are acceptable (beside Shakespeare, video games, and other similar deviations), that still leaves a LOT to five. Maybe we could five Star Trek novels, too, or start caption contests like over at Sev Trek. The possibilities are endless!