The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   January 15 (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=942)

e of pi 01-17-2006 09:55 PM

Very good.

SCMoll 01-17-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke
I've never actually read Brave New World. (It's on my list of Important Things to Read Sometime, like Romeo and Juliet.) I have read Fahrenheit 451, and while I enjoyed Equilibrium, I think the similarities were so overwhelming that they might as well just have called it a new film adaptation of Bradbury's book. After all, how many movies have there been that kept the original title and changed far more than this?

Honestly, I felt it owed just as much to 1984 as it did to Fahrenheit. Were people really supposed to be surprised at the Big Brotheresque reveal?

The movie did yield us something great, though. When I heard Christian Bale was going to be Batman, I knew it was the right choice. He was what kept the movie together for me.

I thought Citizen Kane was pretty good; I enjoyed the unravelling of the story of one man's life, his rise and fall. It was well done. (Welles's Macbeth on the other hand.... ugh.)

SCMoll 01-17-2006 10:01 PM

Quote:

I've never actually read Brave New World. (It's on my list of Important Things to Read Sometime, like Romeo and Juliet.) I have read Fahrenheit 451, and while I enjoyed Equilibrium, I think the similarities were so overwhelming that they might as well just have called it a new film adaptation of Bradbury's book. After all, how many movies have there been that kept the original title and changed far more than this?

Honestly, I felt it owed just as much to 1984 as it did to Fahrenheit. Were people really supposed to be surprised at the Big Brotheresque reveal?

The movie did yield us something great, though. When I heard Christian Bale was going to be Batman, I knew it was the right choice. He was what kept the movie together for me.

I thought Citizen Kane was pretty good; I enjoyed the unravelling of the story of one man's life, his rise and fall. It was well done. (Welles's Macbeth on the other hand.... ugh.)

Zeke 01-18-2006 03:01 AM

January 17

Just a micro-update today. Derek did in fact have a picture of those embroidered 5MV ornaments, so you can now see them for yourself.

Tomorrow? Macro-update.

e of pi 01-18-2006 03:13 AM

Coool. Can I buy one? Or something?

Chancellor Valium 01-18-2006 08:47 AM

It must be said that those are quite amazingly very, very, good. Nice work, Mme. Dean! :D

Andy Taylor 01-18-2006 01:01 PM

They are sooooooooo cute!

Great job!

danieldoof 01-18-2006 09:10 PM

awww I want it....my preciousssssssssss

no really they are very cool

can I have some?

e of pi 01-18-2006 09:45 PM

I've got dibs.

PointyHairedJedi 01-18-2006 10:45 PM

Then you should go and see your doctor. They get infectious if you leave it too long.

e of pi 01-18-2006 10:53 PM

Heh.

MmeBlueberry 01-18-2006 11:04 PM

Thanks! :D It was fun to make them. As far as buying them...not at the moment, as other projects (a few of them gifts) are screaming at me more loudly to be done. If I decide I feel like stitching those again, I'll talk rights with Zeke. Derivative work, and all that.

danieldoof 01-18-2006 11:07 PM

gifts huh?

what do we have to do to deserve one?

tell me and I will do :D

MmeBlueberry 01-18-2006 11:09 PM

Hmm...currently, all the gifts I'm working on are for relatives or pregnant friends. ;)

danieldoof 01-18-2006 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MmeBlueberry
pregnant friends. ;)

damn then I dont have a chance.....but hey there can always happen "junior" :twisted:

PointyHairedJedi 01-18-2006 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danieldoof
damn then I dont have a chance.....

Well not with that attitude, no. :roll:

Zeke 01-19-2006 08:17 AM

January 18

The macro-update will have to wait another day, because today I suddenly found the courage to do something else, and I couldn't let the opportunity pass.

That's right: I watched The Ring 2. The unrated version. All the way through. Without chickening out.

I AM THE MAN!

Look, if you were as terrified of Samara as I am, you'd be proud too. Anyway, this means you can expect the overdue Ring 2 fiver shortly; I had a lot of it planned already, but didn't want to actually write it without having seen the movie. (For one thing, none of my sources covered the unrated version's extra scenes.) As for the macro-update -- which, not to be too coy, I'll tell you is community present number 2 -- tomorrow should still be a go.

By the way, great hitcounts lately. Let's keep 'em rising!

Scooter 01-19-2006 08:53 AM

Quote:

I watched The Ring 2

You mean the sequel to that great collection of Wisk commercials? Awesome.

PointyHairedJedi 01-19-2006 11:08 AM

Get around to watching the Japanese originals, Zeke, and then I'll really be impressed. :D

Kristina 01-20-2006 08:31 PM

A belated nod to Mme Blueberry: I know full well how they were crafted, which is why I'm very, very impressed - both at the diligence and color shades. Great stitching work!

<major silliness>(I've pondered this for some time: is an embroiderer someone who threatens enemies at needlepoint?)</major silliness>