The Five-Minute Forums

The Five-Minute Forums (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/index.php)
-   5MV Talk (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What kind of 5M.net keychain would you want to buy? (http://www.fiveminute.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1044)

e of pi 04-17-2006 09:17 PM

They don't get disconnected: losing one implies losing the other.

Nate the Great 04-18-2006 01:39 AM

Snarky? Guilty as charged, I suppose. I didn't know people still used words like that. Then again, what are geeks for if not to maintain the usage of esotaric words.

To get back on topic: I concede that I have yet to find a red wedge anywhere, so the white wedge wins out by default.

Does anyone know how to make ANY of these kinds of keychains. That might make a difference to what is eventually made, if any.

evay 04-18-2006 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinite Improbability
Then again, what are geeks for if not to maintain the usage of esotaric words.

Esoteric. Minus one for spelling.

Chancellor Valium 04-18-2006 12:50 PM

II, if we were all secretly members of the Continuum...We wouldn't tell you, would we?
:P

Nate the Great 04-18-2006 01:45 PM

Oh, like I'm seriously the first person to ever rush through typing a post and thereby misspell something. :roll:

I wish I was secretly a member of the Continuum. First thing I'd do is summon a fanfare everytime I enter a room.

Lostoyannaya 04-18-2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostoyannaya
I rope mine to my purse so that if I loose my keys I'm........screwed.

Keys, thou art loosed!

:shock:

Quote:

To get back on topic: I concede that I have yet to find a red wedge anywhere, so the white wedge wins out by default.

I concur. When was there a red wedge? :oops:

~~Lostoyannaya :wink:

Chancellor Valium 04-18-2006 04:20 PM

Maybe it was part of Zuke's takeover?

Zeke 04-18-2006 07:29 PM

There have been a couple of red-wedge images. They were here at the forums, back when the 5MV skin was really thorough. I'll see if I can dig them up.

Quote:

Snarky? Guilty as charged, I suppose. I didn't know people still used words like that.

The word is used a lot online right now -- I'm surprised you haven't run into it. Television Without Pity is probably the main reason, as they use the term extensively, even in their slogan. (Knowing TWoP, they probably also think they invented it.) Websnark.com uses it too, but a bit differently.

So it's not old-fashioned anymore... which is not to say I don't like being sesquipedalian (and other such folderol).

When used to describe someone else's posts, as I did here, "snarky" just means sarcastic or sharp. When embraced in describing one's own commentary, as TWoPpers do, it loosely translates to "I am an enormous prick."

Nate the Great 04-18-2006 10:17 PM

Thanks for confirming my sanity. I KNEW I'd seen red wedges out there. It'd be nice to see them side-by-side for an objective comparison.

My definition of snarky is a bit different. For me, "being snarky" is basically the same as "acting superior with no regard for the feelings or opinions of others" or "being obsessive and condescending." Now you can call me a pedantic drone. :wink:

Chancellor Valium 04-18-2006 10:25 PM

Personally I think DNA was teh master of inventing words.

richardson 04-25-2006 01:59 AM

Hmm....

Hard plastic all the way! (Unless you engrave the metal ones...)

PointyHairedJedi 05-02-2006 10:46 PM

Enameled metal would be nice, but hard rubber would be good too. I'm still holding out for leather bookmarks though.

Nate the Great 11-23-2009 04:29 AM

Thread, arise!

Wowbagger 12-04-2009 12:58 PM

Well, that was underwhelming.

I expected some shambling, at least.